FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- B/A - Am I allowed to add drop in days?
- B/A - Can I bank unused days?
- B/A - Can I register my child if I only need child care for a few days during the year?
- B/A - Do I have to pay a registration fee every year?
- B/A - Do I have to pay monthly or can I pay weekly?
- B/A - Do you accept DSS financial assistance?
- B/A - How can I add an additional day to my calendar that was already submitted?
- B/A - How can I authorize additional people to pick up my child?
- B/A - How can I fill out a calendar if I don't have a computer?
- B/A - How can I register two children who attend two different child care sites?
- B/A - How do I add a new month?
- B/A - How do I know what my rate of pay is? Where can I find the free/reduced/regular pay application for lunch?
- B/A - How do I print my tax statement?
- B/A - How will I be invoiced and how do I pay?
- B/A - How will I know if there is an emergency closing?
- B/A - What are the accepted credit cards for payment?
- B/A - What are the rates I will be paying for my children to attend Child Care for the 2021-2022 school year?
- B/A - What can I do if I am having trouble with my account?
- B/A - What can I expect when I drop off and pick up my child from Childcare?
- B/A - What do the children do in Before and After Care?
- B/A - What happens if I can't pick my child up by 6:15PM?
- B/A - What if my child is absent due to illness, can I receive a refund or credit?
- B/A - What precautions are being taken to avoid Covid-19?
- B/A - What precautions are taken with children that have allergies?
- B/A - What types of snacks are served? Is it possible for my child to bring his/her own snack?
- B/A - Where is Child Care held?
- B/A - Will I have access to my calendar if I need to check on what dates I have signed up for?
- B/A - Will my child have the opportunity to do his/her homework?
- B/A- What if I only need before care but once in a while I need after care can I do that?
- SUM - How do I know that my child will be safe at the camp?
- SUM - If my child was invited to the Summer Academy, are they able to attend the Summer Recreation program?
- SUM - Is the cost of the field trips included and should I send my child with money for the gift shop?
- SUM - What about if my child needs to use the restroom while on a trip?
- SUM - What about water and other refreshments?
- SUM - What activities will my child be participating in each day?
- SUM - What else should my child bring to camp each day?
- SUM - What happens if I cannot arrive by 6:15 p.m. to pick up my child?
- SUM - What happens if my child has on emergency or gets sick while at camp?
- SUM - What if my child wants to have something else for lunch?
- SUM - What meals will be served?
- SUM - What should my child NOT bring to camp?
- SUM - What should my child wear to camp each day?
- SUM - What will be served during Summer Recreation for lunch and breakfast?
- SUM - What will the rate for the 2022 Summer Recreation program be?
- SUM - When does registration begin?
- SUM - Who can I contact if I have any other questions?
- SUM - Will my child be in the hot summer sun all day?
- SUM - Will my child be safe in the pool?
- SUM - Will my child have to wear a mask in the Summer Recreation program?
- SUM -Is there a fee to attend the Summer Academy only? Is there a fee if my child attends the Summer Academy and the Summer Recreation program?
- SUM- How do I add another week to the Summer Recreation program?
- SUM- How do I register my child for the Summer Recreation program?
- SUM: When will my child receive their camp shirt?
Unfortunately, drop in days are not permitted at all.
You cannot save unused days. If your child is absent from school, you are still responsible to pay for childcare. The only credits you will receive for child care is if the school is closed due to inclement weather. If child care is open and you choose not to send your child to school you are still responsible for that payment.
You must submit a minimum of two days per week each week. This means if you have a before care contract, you must choose two before care each week. If you have an after care contract you must choose two after cares per week. If you have a before and after care contract you must submit two before care and two after care each week.
No, you do not. You only pay once per immediate family.
You are able to pay weekly or monthly. However, the invoice must be paid by the due date. There are no exceptions. If you have more than 3 late payments your child may be removed from the program.
Yes, we do. You must contact your caseworker before registering and fill out the necessary paperwork. You are responsible to make sure it is kept up to date or you will be responsible for the full payments.
If you have a consistent schedule you may not make changes for the year. If you have a pick your days schedule you can change the schedule (before it has been approved) when you submit your days for the upcoming month. Remember, if it has been approved it can not be changed).
Follow these steps.
- a)Click on Explore All Programs in the upper right-hand corner
- b)Click on View Your Dashboard
- c)Click on Your Accounts – PM Schools #
- d)Select the Contract under Current and Upcoming Contracts – your child’s name
- e)Click on the Change Schedule button on the left
- f)Click on the calendar to add the dates to the schedule. (You may not delete any dates)
- g)Click on “Submit Contract Schedule Changes”
You will receive an email confirmation with the schedule change once the schedule is
approved. Please check the email confirmation and make sure the schedule change is correct.
Your child will be released only to the authorized pickup people listed on your Childcare Eleyo account. Anyone listed must be a minimum of 18 years old and must show a picture ID. If you would like to add an additional person to the list:
- Logon to your PMSchools Eleyo account
- Point to Explore all Programs and select View Your Dashboard. Select your PMSchools account listed under Your Account.
- Select the Manage Authorized Pickups button under Account Management.
- Select Add Authorized Pickup under your child’s name to add a pick-up.
- Select the Remove button to remove an authorized pick-up person.
You can access your account through a smartphone or tablet. There are also parent/student computers available at the Family Service League located within Saxton Middle School: 121 Saxton Street Patchogue.
When you register your children it will ask you which school your children will attend for before or After Care. Please wait for your child's school to open up on line before registering.
If you have a Consistent contract you do not need to do anything. It will automatically renew.
If you have a Pick your days contract:
- 1) Go to your Eleyo account 2) Select Account management 3) In the box that says Current and Upcoming Contract, click on the arrow next to the green rectangle that says Ends Sept: 4) Select schedule change 5) Select the dates you need for Before Care "or" Before and After Care "or" After Care. Do not choose all three. 6) Then select submit or continue. This depends on the type of computer you are using or if you are using an iPhone.
Once you have submitted the schedule change ( new month) you will get an approval letter and then you will receive an invoice. No changes may be made after approval has been done. The invoice MUST be paid by the due date. We will not call or email to remind you to make the payment. If you do not make the payment your child will not be able to attend child care until it is paid.
If you have any questions please call the Child Care office at 631-687-8105.
B/A - How do I know what my rate of pay is? Where can I find the free/reduced/regular pay application for lunch?
We will use your rate of pay from last year until the Middle of October unless it is expired. You must fill out a new lunch application each year. If you don’t fill out a new one then your rate will be changed from a free or reduced to the paid rate. The new application will be available August 10th on pmschools.org. Please email a copy of your acceptance letter to us with the rate of pay, as soon as you get it. We will then make any adjustments to your account. If your child is in Kindergarten we will charge you the paid rate. When you send us the letter that states your rate we will credit you the difference.
Tax statements for Child Care are available after January 1st. Use the Download Tax Information button from the Account Management Tools on the left to obtain a copy of the tax statement. If your child attended SCOPE, please go to their ELEYO site for the additional tax statement.
- Once calendars are submitted, you will receive an invoice and payment is due by the due date. You can pay monthly or weekly but payment is due on or before the due date. Three (3) late payments and you can be removed from the program. You can set up Auto-pay and your payment will be deducted on the due date automatically.
- If you would like to pay weekly, you will need to call the Childcare Office and have your account set to weekly payments. You will be invoiced on Tuesday and payment must be made on Thursday.
Patchogue-Medford utilizes an automated calling system to inform parents of important messages including delayed openings, early releases, and school closures. You can also check the Patchogue-Medford School District website at www.pmschools.org for information.
The accepted credit cards for payment are American Express, Discover, Master Card and Visa.
B/A - What are the rates I will be paying for my children to attend Child Care for the 2021-2022 school year?
2021 - 2022 RATES Before-School Daily Rate Family Income Number of Children In Program 1 2 3 Free Lunch Recipient 7.14 9.23 11.20 Reduced Lunch Recipient 10.28 13.62 17.30 All Others 12.80 18.12 23.31 After-School Daily Rate Family Income Number of Children In Program 1 2 3 Free Lunch Recipient 7.14 9.23 11.20 Reduced Lunch Recipient 11.76 15.93 19.24 All Others 14.14 21.27 28.28 Before and After-School Daily Rate (These rates are discounted 25% for participation in both programs) Family Income Number of Children In Program 1 2 3 Free Lunch Recipient 10.73 13.84 16.78 Reduced Lunch Recipient 16.71 22.42 27.67 All Others 20.41 29.85 39.12
- Forgot Password - Go to your Eleyo account and click Sign In. Click forgot password
- Parent Not linked to account - If you are not the primary parent/guardian on the account and would like to be added to the Childcare account, we can add you, with the primary account holder's permission. You will then be able to access the information and make payments.
We are awaiting updated guidelines for the 2021-2022 School Year.
Everyone entering Childcare must be wearing a mask (people dropping off and picking up as well as children).. You may be asked to wait outside until it is your turn. Temperatures will be taken before drop off, if your child has a temperature, your child will not be able to attend Childcare. Please give yourself extra time for drop off and pick up.
The children have the opportunity to socialize with friends by playing games, playing with toys, participating in physical activity in the gym or outside and making crafts or drawing. They also have the opportunity to do their homework in the afternoon. A snack is given at Before Care and After Care.
Pick up is no later than 6:15 PM. Charges of $5.00 per quarter hour will automatically be charged to your account. After a third late pick up your child can be terminated from the program.
Unfortunately, there are no refunds or credits for illness unless your child is absent from school and child care for more than 3 consecutive days and you can provide a physician’s note stating their return to school date.
We have implemented the following guidelines. (We are awaiting for updated guidelines for the 2021-2022 School Year)
- Everyone must be wearing masks during drop off/pick up
- Each child before entering the childcare area will have their temperature taken (If your child has a temperature, they will not be able to attend Childcare).
- Everyone must hand sanitize before signing the Ipads
- All Children entering Childcare will hand sanitize before entering Childcare.
- We are only taking a limited number of students per session
- All toys are sanitized after each use
- All staff will be wearing masks. Students must wear masks when entering building and while in common areas (bathroom/hallway). They are also required to wear the mask during the day but will be given breaks to take the mask off.
- There will be no sharing of items (each child is required to bring their own school supplies while attending the Alternate School Day)
There is a question on the registration form pertaining to allergies. It’s very important that you fill this out correctly. Our foods do not contain peanuts. If there are certain foods your child is not able to have please note it on the application and please discuss this with your group leader.
Before and After Care serves whole grain snacks, fruits, and vegetables, etc. Yes, your child may bring his/her own snack.
Child Care is held at each of the seven elementary schools within the Patchogue-Medford School District. Your child must attend child care at his/her home school.
You will always have access to your account and may check it whenever you would like.
Absolutely! If your child has homework they will have an opportunity to work on it during After Care. They can not be forced to do it but they certainly are encouraged.
If you sign up for before care you will only have a before care contract. If you sign up for after care you will only have an after care contract. If you would like both Before & After care you must sign up for the before and after care calendar. You must submit 2 days per week in each section (before and after).
Once children are dropped off at the camp they are under the constant supervision of the camp counselors. All staff are Patchogue-Medford employees, whose background have been checked. Children are required to wear the Patchogue-Medford Summer Recreation red tee shirt included in the cost of the registration so that the summer camp personnel can easily identify them. Our staff is required to wear blue staff shirts so the children can recognize them when we are out and about. At the end of the day, or if your child is released by the Nurse, children are not released into the custody of anyone other than the parent/guardian or the person(s) whose name(s) parents designated on the application. All adults coming to pick up a child MUST have picture identification. In addition, a security guard is on staff the entire time camp is in session.
SUM - If my child was invited to the Summer Academy, are they able to attend the Summer Recreation program?
Yes, your child will be able to attend the Summer Recreation program. There will be a bus that will transport your child from the school they are attending Summer Academy to the Summer Recreation program located at Canaan Elementary School. There is a fee to attend the Summer Academy/Summer Recreation program and there is a limited number of spots. If your child is attending the Summer Academy program ONLY, there is no fee.
SUM - Is the cost of the field trips included and should I send my child with money for the gift shop?
The costs of all field trips are included in the tuition. Please do not send your child with additional money, as we will not be visiting the gift shops.
Please inform your child that a counselor must accompany him/her whenever using a restroom. Children will not be allowed to go to the restroom without a counselor.
We encourage you to send your child with a water bottle with his/her name clearly marked. No liquid other than water may be brought into the classrooms.
Please make sure your child has a library card. If you do not have one you can apply for one online ( thhttps://pmlib.org/card-application/). We do read each day so please send your child with a book to read and a water bottle that can be refilled and stay cold.
Each Wednesday your child is going swimming, send your child with a bathing suit and a towel clearly labeled with their name. Make sure the bathing suit is easy for your child to get on and off. Spray on sunscreen and a hat to wear on field trips is a good idea (it must be spray suntan lotion). Children must wear closed- toed athletic footwear. No flip-flops!
They also need to wear the red camp shirt they are given each day. Additional camp shirts can be purchased for $8.00 each after the first week of camp.
In addition, please send your child with extra masks to keep in his/her backpack. If you feel your child might need extra clothing please send them in their back pack that is labeled with their name on it.
Pick up is no later than 6:15 p.m. Charges of $5.00 per quarter hour will be incurred for any child that is left beyond that time. After a third late pick up your child will be terminated from the program.
There is a Registered Nurse on staff during the hours when camp is in session. If your child becomes ill while at camp we will contact you. If you should need to contact the nurse while camp is in session the direct line is (631) 687-8111.
Yogurt is always served as an alternate for lunch as is cold cereal for breakfast. There is a variety of snacks served in the afternoon. You may elect to send your child with additional food. Keep in mind there is no refrigeration available for bag lunches.
Breakfast, Lunch and Snack in the afternoon will be served to all full day campers. The half-day campers will have lunch. All meals are included in the price of the tuition. A menu will be available prior to the start of camp and posted on our website. Fresh fruit and salad are available on the lunch tables every day and served family style.
Children should not wear jewelry or bring valuables of any kind. Toys that are not allowed at the camp are the same that are banned from the normal school day. We are not responsible for lost or missing items.
For safety reasons, your child must wear a camp tee shirt every day. We will provide camp shirts to the children on the first day of camp. One shirt will be provided for each child attending a half-day session and two shirts for children attending a full day session. For your convenience, you may purchase extra shirts at a cost of $8.00 per shirt. Should your child forget to wear his/her camp shirt, we will provide him/her a replacement shirt and the parent will be billed $8.00. This bill must be paid before the child can enter camp the next day. Under no circumstances will children be allowed to participate in camp without the identifying shirt. In addition, please make sure your child is wearing a mask and has extras in his/her backpack.
Alternate Breakfast Alternate Lunch Assorted Cereals Summer Recreation 2021 Fruit/Yogurt Parfait **Subject to change** Breakfast/ Lunch Menu Cheese Sandwich MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY 7/6/2021 7/7/2021 7/8/2021 7/9/2021 Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Pancakes with Syrup Kaiser Roll/Butter Waffles with Syrup Kaiser Roll, with cheese and Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Bacon Fruit, Juice, Milk Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Hamburger/Cheeseburger Hot dog on a bun Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Pizza French Fries Salad, Fruit, Milk Cheese, on a Roll Tossed Salad Salad, Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY 7/12/2021 7/13/2021 7/14/2021 7/15/2021 7/16/2021 Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Bagel with Butter or Cream Cheese Pancakes with Syrup Kaiser Roll/Butter Waffles with Syrup Pancakes with Syrup Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Chicken Nuggets Hot Dog on a Roll Grill Chicken Wrap Bacon Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese Pizza Bagel Corn, Salad French Fries Green Beans On a Roll, Tossed Salad Salad Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY 7/19/2021 7/20/2021 7/21/2021 7/22/2021 7/23/2021 Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Bagel with Butter or Cream Cheese Pancakes with Sryup Kaiser Roll/ Butter Waffles with syrup Pancakes with Syrup Friut, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Chicken Nuggets Hamburger or Cheese Burger Hot Dogs on a Bun Meatball Hero with Cheese on Bun Pizza Fresh Carrot Tator Tots Salad Carrots Salad Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY 7/26/2021 7/27/2021 7/28/2021 7/29/2021 7/30/2021 Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Bagel with Butter or Cream cheese Pancakes with Sryup Cereal Waffles with syrup Kaiser Roll, bacon and cheese Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Popcorn Chicken Meatball Hero Grilled Cheese Sandwich Bacon Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese Pizza Bagel Corn Salad French Fries On a Roll, Tossed Salad Green Beans Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY 8/2/2021 8/3/2021 8/4/2021 8/5/2021 8/6/2021 Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Bagel with Butter or Cream Cheese Pancakes with Syrup Kaiser Roll with Butter Waffles with syrup Pancakes Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk with Bacon Fruit, Juice, Milk Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Chicken Nuggets Turkey on a roll with Popcorn Chicken Brunch for lunch Pizza Bagel Fresh Carrots lettuce and cheese, French Fries tater tots Salad Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY 8/9/2021 8/10/2021 8/11/2021 8/12/2021 8/13/2021 Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Breakfast Bagel with Butter or Cream Cheese Pancakes with Syrup Kaiser Roll with Butter Waffles with syrup Chef's Choice Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Fruit, Juice, Milk Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Lunch Chicken Nuggets Bacon, Lettuce Tomato on Grilled Chicken Wrap Chef's Choice, salad Chef's Choice, salad Corn Bun, French Fries Green Bean Salad or Tossed Salad Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk Fruit, Milk ***Menu subject to change***
Registration for the Summer Recreation program will begin on April 27, 2022.
Feel free to contact the Childcare Office at 631-687-8105. They will be happy to answer any of your questions.
As you can see from our daily schedule we have both indoor and outdoor activities planned. However, there are activities in which your child will be exposed to the sun. Therefore, we recommend applying sunscreen on your child before he/she arrives and to pack a bottle of spray sunscreen that he/she can apply later in the day.
We will go swimming every day, weather permitting, at the the Town of Brookhaven Centereach Pool and at the Holtsville Pool. The Town of Brookhaven certified lifeguards oversee the pools. The Patchogue-Medford Summer Recreation Program employs a certified lifeguard and/or our Group Leaders have completed CPR for Healthcare Provider (CPR and AED). Children will be expected to observe the rules for pool safety at all times. If they do not, they will have their pool privileges suspended. All students will be limited to chest deep in the pool.
Masks are strongly encouraged to wear but not mandatory for students and staff. If the guidelines change at all it will be updated here.
SUM -Is there a fee to attend the Summer Academy only? Is there a fee if my child attends the Summer Academy and the Summer Recreation program?
There is no fee for students to attend the Summer Academy program only.
There is, however, a fee if your child will be attending the Summer Academy and then attending the Summer Recreation program.
If your child attends the Summer Academy and attends the Summer Recreation program (1/2 day) until 3pm the fee is $166.00 per week. If your child attends the Summer Academy and attends the Summer Recreation program (full day) until 6:15 pm, the fee is $260 per week. Keep in mind the Summer Recreation program begins July 5th, 2022. There is no Summer Academy that week.
Please feel free to contact the Childcare Office at 631-687-8105.
You can always add additional weeks to the Summer Recreation program. You will have to go into your Eleyo account, click on Summer Recreation. Then choose the week you would like to add. Once it's approved and you receive the invoice , you will need to pay the invoice by the due date. Your payment must be received before your child attends.
How do I register my child?
Submit a completed registration packet on your Eleyo account. Once you are approved, a nonrefundable $100 deposit plus a $25 registration fee (unless the family is already registered in the Patchogue-Medford Child Care Program) will be charged. You will be sent an invoice when your payment is due. Registration for the 2022 Summer Recreation program will begin on Wednesday, April 27, 2022.
The first date your child will attend the Summer Recreation program they will be given their shirt. It will be in their classroom.
Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us with what's on your mind.