Childcare Policies and Procedures
1. Parents or their designees (must be 18 years of age or older) are responsible for signing their children into the program each day and signing them out at the end of each day. Valid photo identification is required. Before care begins at 7:00 am. Aftercare ends at 6:15 pm sharp. A late fee shall be assessed for any child not picked up by 6:15 pm. Late fees are computed on the basis of $5.00 per each quarter hour.
2. The late fees must be paid before the child/children will be admitted the next day.
3. Payment must be submitted electronically prior to any child attending the program. If your payment is declined your child may not be allowed to attend until payment is received in full.
4. Calendars for students must be submitted electronically with minimally one full business days’ notice. Once calendars are submitted, the switching of days will not be permitted. However, parents will have the ability to add on a day with one (1) business days’ notice if necessary.
5. Payments must be submitted prior to attendance.
6. Children who have not been signed up will not be permitted to attend morning care. Children must be signed up at least one (1) business day in advance of attending.
7. In the event two checks from any parent are dishonored future payments must be either by credit card or money order. There is a $20.00 fee for each returned check.
8. Registration is required every year and is on a first come first served basis. Online registration opens mid-July.
9. Each child is expected to behave in a manner that promotes a safe, enjoyable and productive time for all and complies with the District’s Code of Conduct. Parent cooperation in encouraging positive behavior is essential. Violations of the District’s Code of Conduct may result in a written report completed by the Director of School Age Child Care, and the child being subject to other penalties set forth in the Code of Conduct. Parents will be provided a copy of any such written report. More than one written disciplinary report may result in the child’s suspension from the program for a period to be determined by the Director of School Age Child Care. A third written disciplinary report may result in the child’s termination from the program. The following are causes for generating a written report:
1. Willful insubordination
2. Verbal and /or physical abuse of staff or peers
3. Destruction and/or theft of property
4. Any other Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct of Patchogue-Medford School District
In the event that a child is suspended or terminated from the program, no refund or adjustment will be made to the amount paid.
10. The Director of School Age Child Care may terminate the child’s participation at the provider’s discretion for the following reasons: if the parent or person authorized to pick-up the child demonstrates inappropriate conduct; if a child is picked up late on more than three (3) occasions, or if payment is not received.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding!
Director of School Age Child Care